Harpists of all nationalities, who are not more than 35 years of age by November 19th , 2015
are invited to apply to participate in The prestigious 19th International Harp Contest in Israel.
The Music Committee of the International Harp Contest in Israel will screen and select participants based on the information submitted in the applications.
How to apply:
All applicants must complete the official application form and send it, with all relevant material, by registered mail postmarked no later than June 1, 2015 to:
International Harp Contest in Israel
16 Hanaziv Street
6701806 Tel Aviv, Israel
Applicants are asked to provide the following material:
- The completed official application form
- A photocopy of your valid passport or a certified copy of your birth certificate giving proof of age
- Three letters of recommendation from important musical personalities who are familiar with your talent and level of performance. One of these letters must be from your most recent harp teacher who specifically recommends you as a contestant in the 19th International Harp Contest in Israel
- A personal biography that outlines your general and musical education.
- A list of your musical achievements including academic degrees, prizes, honors and important performances. Please include copies of diplomas, awards and concert programs.
- Two different recent colored photographs suitable for publication. Please send this high quality photograph by electronic mail in JPG format.
- A detailed list of your full chosen repertoire for all stages, as well as a copy of your Free Choice piece chosen in stage II to be screened by the Music Committee.
- A non refundable Registration Fee of $400.00 US dollars. The Registration Fee will be refunded only to applicants who are not accepted as Contestants in the Contest.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
- Contestants will be hosted by the Contest in a hotel – single room on Bed & Breakfast Basis – for the duration + one day of their active participation in the Contest.
- English is the official language of the Contest. All material submitted with your application must be in English or have an attached translation to English.
- None of the submitted material will be returned.
- By May 1st 2015, the Rules and Regulations for the 19th International Harp Contest in Israel will be posted on the website. Applicants are required to review these Rules and Regulations before signing their Application Form. Upon signing the Application Form, every applicant agrees to adhere to the Rules and Regulations governing the Contest and to accept, without appeal, all decisions of the International Jury.
Details for Bank Transfer:
Harp and Zamir Society
Bank Le’umi Le’Israel
87 A, Ben Yehuda Street,
Tel Aviv, Israel
Gordon Branch, No. 804
Account No. 209562/77
Swift code: LUMI IL IT TLV
Routing No //IL010 800
Subject to Change