Harpists of all nationalities, who are not more than 35 years of age by November 22, 2012, are invited to apply to participate in the prestigious 18th International Harp Contest in Israel. The Music Committee of the International Harp Contest in Israel will screen and select participants based on the information submitted in the applications.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must complete the OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM and send it, with all relevant material, by registered mail postmarked no later than May 1, 2012 to:
International Harp Contest in Israel
16 Hanaziv Street
67018 Tel Aviv, Israel
Applicants are asked to provide the following material:
1) The completed Official Application Form found here: OFFICIAL APPLICATION FORM
2) A photocopy of your valid passport or a certified copy of your birth certificate giving proof of age
3) Three letters of recommendation from important musical personalities who are familiar with your talent and level of performance. One of these letters must be from your most recent harp teacher who specifically recommends you as a contestant in the 18th International Harp Contest in Israel
4) A personal biography that outlines your general and musical education.
5) A list of your musical achievements including academic degrees, prizes, honors and important performances. Please include copies of diplomas, awards and concert programs.
6) Two different recent colored photographs suitable for publication. Please send this high quality photograph by electronic mail in JPG format
7) A list of your chosen repertoire in Stages I and II; please enclose 3 scores of your free choice Contemporary work (No photocopies of published works will be accepted. Photocopy of manuscript will be accepted ONLY if the work is not published)
8) A non refundable Registration Fee of $350.00 US dollars. The Registration Fee will be refunded to applicants who are not accepted as Contestants in the Contest.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Contestants will be hosted by the Contest in a hotel – single room with half board – for the duration + one day of their participation in the Contest.
English is the official language of the Contest. All material submitted with your application must be in English or have an attached translation to English.
None of the submitted material will be returned.
Rules and Regulations for the 18th International Harp Contest in Israel are posted on the website.
Applicants are required to review these Rules and Regulations before signing their Application Form
Details for Bank Transfer:
Harp and Zamir Society
Bank Le’umi Le’Israel
87 A, Ben Yehuda Street, Tel Aviv, Israel
Gordon Branch, No. 804
Account No. 209562/77
IBAN: IL 6801 0804 0000 0209 5627 7
Swift code: LUMI IL IT TLV
Routing No. //IL010 800